7 Signs Your Church Stained Glass Needs Repair
Scottish Stained Glass Church Restoration Process for Fort Collins
As the churches of last century age, we are finding that many are now in need of stained glass restoration. However, many churches don’t know if their glass is ready for a restoration or what to look for to confirm the suspicion. So, we decided to take some time today to explain a little bit about what to look for in your cathedrals windows to decide whether or not they need restoration.
Signs Your Church Stained Glass Needs Restoration
1. Brittle Or Stretched Lead: Over time the lead on your windows can become hard or even stretch under the weight of the window.
2. Bowing Windows: On larger stained glass windows especially, the windows can begin to shift and bow under the weight.
3. Loose Windows/Gaps Near Frame: As windows shift with age, spaces can begin to form around the frame from settling
4. Cracks In Glass Panels: As glass ages, it is prone to cracking under pressure and weight.
5. Chips On Glass Panels: Both time and usage contribute to glass accidentally chipping.
6. Muted Colors On Glass: The air is full of particles and carcinogens that dull the colors of stained glass
7. Diminished Opacity Of Glass: As environmental debris builds up on glass, clarity is reduced as well.
Church Stained Glass Window Repairs By Scottish
At Scottish we are stained glass experts who can do virtually any sort of repair on windows. Although our work varies from window to window, here are the most common repairs we do.
Softened/Bending Lead: At Scottish Stained Glass, we can re-lead the window to restore the window and add structural support as well to help a restored window last even longer.
Broken, Loose, cracked or chipped Glass Replacement: Color and texture matching is no problem for us since we stock and carry hundreds of color and texture options.
Re-polishing: At Scottish Stained Glass Fort Collins, we will re-polish dull windows and restore them to looking as bright and gorgeous as the day they were first installed in your cathedral.
Fort Collins’s Stained Glass Expert
By far the most important part of stained glass restoration for your Fort Collins church is who repairs it. In order to properly repair stained glass, it takes the skilled hands of an expert– like those at Fort Collins Stained Glass. We have 25+ years of experience in the stained glass craft and use both old world traditions and modern technology to skillfully repair or restore religious stained glass relics. Additionally, we know how to properly communicate with the members of your church’s committee or panel and how to guide them through the approval process. It is these skills that we call– “The Scottish Difference”. Contact us for a free stained glass consultation for your church and see first hand the difference experience makes!